I’m a bit behind. 2 days into December and I didn’t have anything together.
James enjoys having something to count the days until Christmas.
In past years, I’ve filled baby socks with a treat or joke and put them all in a basket. When the socks are empty, it’s time for Christmas.
This year, I don’t really have money to stuff 24 socks with little trinkets or candies, so I came up with the cheap and easy Christmas paper chain idea.
I got out scraps from my scrapbooking stash and cut strips.
On each strip I wrote one of the following:
1. Make hot cocoa
2. Play a game with mom
3. Make up a Christmas song for mom
4. Choose a Christmas CD to listen to
5. Cuddle on the couch with mom
6. Tell mom a Christmas joke
7. Get a quarter from mom
8. Watch a Christmas movie with mom
9. Work on Christmas projects with mom
10. Make a Christmas treat
11. Have a snowball fight with mom (only until she gets cold!)
12. Eat a treat
13. No chores this afternoon
14. Have a “tea and reading” time with mom
15. Get an extra 10 minutes of computer time
I repeated a few of them to round out 24. So tomorrow he gets to choose 3! Let’s hope all the “big” ones didn’t pool at the bottom of the chain–I didn’t pay close attention as I assembled it.
I learned the hard way that cardstock is a bit heavy. As I sat here typing, I heard random pops and splats. The cardstock links were giving way. I taped them up so hopefully they’re done letting go!