Did you know the prison has a dress code for visitors?
I find it amusing that the prison of all places wants people to dress modestly yet women wear awful things to church!
I’m reviewing the rules for visiting Lee. I should be able to visit him on Monday. The prison he’s in is closer to my brother’s house than mine.
Here is the dress code. It’s obvious why some of these are on the list but I truly do shake my head to think that some of this is inappropriate for the prison but I’ve seen it at church.
The following is a list of attire that is inappropriate for visitors and guests.
1. Transparent/translucent clothing
2. Shorts shorter than fingertip length. Visitor must stand naturally with arms straight down the side of the body with fingers extended.
3. Skirts or dress slits shorter than fingertip length plus three inches with the hands down at the side.
4. Strapless, tube, or halter tops or dresses
5. Dresses that have straps that tie at the top
6. Tops which expose the midriff area (no bare skin at the belt line)
7. Spandex or spandex-like and lycra or lycra-like pants (nothing tight and stretchy)
8. Underwear worn outside of the clothing
9. Clothing with revealing holes or slits above fingertip level with your hands down at your side.
10. Clothing or accessories with obscene or profane writings, images, photos, and any clothing advertising alcohol.
11. Bib overalls are not allowed
12. No gang related clothing, shoes, logos, or insignia
13. Hats/headgear are not allowed