When my husband is on his way home there are some things I do for him.
- We look at our schedule and give him a heads up about things we cannot change. Since he often comes home at short notice, we sometimes have things scheduled we cannot change.
- We don’t make plans for while he’s home. This includes a teenager hanging out with a zillion friends and lots of other good stuff.
- I make sure there is coffee and half and half in the house. This may be the very most important thing.
- I grab food that he enjoys snacking on and make plans for dinners he enjoys.
- I try to get clutter picked up and things organized. He doesn’t care too much about this but when he comes home he brings things with him and the place ends up looking a bit cluttered, so I try to eliminate any extra clutter.
- I clean the toilet for him. It’s not that I don’t clean the toilet unless he’s coming home. It’s just that he has to use truck stop bathrooms every day (EWWWW….although many are not as bad as the old stereotype anymore.) and I just want him to be able to use a nice clean toilet.
And yes, I do those things to honor him whether or not he notices. I’m thankful for how very hard he works to provide for us.